| ||Lehigh Valley Hospital and Lehigh Valley Hospital Muhlenberg will bill Medicarefor inpatient and outpatient services. If additional insurance information isprovided at the time of service, your secondary will also be billed. Patientsare responsible for any charges not covered by Medicare and/or your additionalsecondary insurance. |
Medicare Deductible and Coinsurance Amounts for 2019:
Part A: (pays for inpatient hospital, skilled nursing facility, and some homehealth care)
For each benefit period Medicare pays all covered costs except the MedicarePart A deductible (2019 = $1,364) during the first 60 days and coinsuranceamounts for hospital stays that last beyond 60 days and no more than 150 days.For each benefit period you pay:
- A total of $1,364 for a hospital stay of 1-60 days.
- $341 per day for days 61-90 of a hospital stay.
- $682 per day for days 91-150 of a hospital stay (Lifetime ReserveDays).
- All costs for each day beyond 150 days
Note: You have 60 Lifetime Reserve Days available at day 91
Part B: (covers Medicare eligible physician services, outpatient hospitalservices, certain home health services, durable medical equipment)
- $185.00 per year. (Note: You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amountfor services after you meet the $185.00 deductible.)
Skilled Nursing Facility Co-insurance
- $170.50 per day for days 21 through 100 each benefit period.
In addition to your deductible, you may be liable for co-insurance.
Additional information regarding Medicare can be found on the Medicare Frequently Asked Questions page.